This week’s I Heart Cooking Clubs theme is “Midnight Sneaks.” What qualifies as a Midnight Sneak? Any dish that would make you tiptoe to the kitchen in the middle of the night to chow down. Some people enjoy savory-type snacks at midnight, but I go for the sugary, carb-coma inducing foods. My favorite midnight snack is cereal eaten straight out of the box along with a glass of milk. I destroy boxes of cereal regularly in this fashion. When I first saw Nigella’s recipe for Bread and Milk, I thought it sounded kinda funky. However, since it’s essentially a variation on my favorite midnight snack, I decided to give it a shot. It was actually quite delicious! I used my oatmeal bread instead of white bread and added some cinnamon. This made a pretty good “Midnight Sneak!”
- 2 thick slices good white bread (I used toasted oatmeal bread.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or vanilla sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon or to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Tear the bread into rough chunks, and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Warm the milk and pour over the bread and sugar and cinnamon to serve.