Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti (Can also be found on Martha Stewart’s website Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti )
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheet
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for baking sheet
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I added a bit more than this)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in pistachios and chocolate chips.
3. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, about 12 by 4 inches. Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Reduce oven tempurature to 300 degrees.
4. On a cutting board, using a sharp serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet, and bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.
Delicious!! These are still good two weeks later.