Authentic Mexican food? Nope but still delicious damn it! With tons of cheese, you can’t go wrong, right? These are easy to make and pretty economical. I add a chopped onion to the ground beef and use more cheese, of course.
Smothered Enchiladas (Courtesy of http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes)
Yield – Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package mild taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, divided
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and half of chopped green chiles; set aside.
2. Stir together remaining green chiles, soup, and sour cream. Pour half of soup mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
3. Spoon beef mixture evenly down centers of tortillas; roll up. Place, seam sides down, over soup mixture in baking dish; top evenly with remaining soup mixture and cheese.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.