I’ve been lax with respect to blogging lately because I’ve just started a new job, and I’m trying to get used to my new, really early hours. I did find time to make these cookies, though! Although it’s hard to choose a favorite cookie given my addiction to anything sweet, these are probably my favorite. I love the overload of stuff in them. They’re pretty much guaranteed to make your ass expand.
Monster Cookies (Adapted from Betty Crocker)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 c peanut butter
- ½ c butter or margarine, softened
- ½ c butter-flavor or regular shortening
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ c old-fashioned oats
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 c M&Ms
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 c peanuts
- ¾ c raisins
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat sugars, peanut butter, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in oats. Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda thoroughly. Stir in candies, peanuts and raisins.
2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart. Flatten to 3/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or just until cookies are set and begin to brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.