This week’s I Heart Cooking Clubs theme is Family Favorites a la Nigella Lawson. My husband and I love roasted chicken and potatoes, so as soon as I spied her recipe for One-Pan Chicken on the Food Network website, I knew I had to try it. This was delicious! I love how the juices from the chicken flavors the vegetables below. I added herbs de Provence for a little extra flavor, but I’m sure it would be delicious without. I can guarantee this dish has become a family favorite in this house.
- Olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds new potatoes cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 medium red onions, cut into segments
- 16 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 red peppers, seeded and quartered
- Coarse sea salt
- 1/2 c chopped parsley leaves (I left this out, but I’m sure it would be great with it added.)
- Herbs de Provence
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Get 2 baking dishes and pour in some olive oil to coat. Arrange the pieces of chicken, the potatoes, onions, garlic cloves, and peppers on them. (If you want to use 3 dishes and have got the room, do; the less packed everything is, the crispier the potatoes will be.) Sprinkle both dishes with herbs de Provence. Then drizzle some more oil over, making sure everything’s glossy and well slicked (but not dripping), sprinkle with the salt, and bake for about 45 minutes.
- When done (and test all the component parts), strew over the parsley and – I always do this – serve straight from the baking dishes.