A while back, Al Malekovic, from Country Bob’s asked me if I’d like to test their All Purpose Sauce and put my thoughts about it on my blog. I’d never tried the sauce before, so I was totally game! Along with the sauce, they included some recipe brochures. I made the Corn Pone Pie minus the cornbread topping and substituted pasta instead. I’m sure it would have been good with it, but I wasn’t feelin’ it that day. The sauce is good! It tastes sort of like a sweeter version of A-1 Sauce. I plan to include it in my rotation of condiments. Please visit Country Bob’s website for more product information and recipes.
Corn Pone Pie (Sort of…courtesy of Country Bob’s)
- 1 16 oz pkg elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 c onion
- 1 c stewed tomatoes
- 1 c Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce
- 2 T chili powder
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15.25) can corn, drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to directions. Set aside.
2. Brown the ground turkey. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, Sauce, chili powder, and salt. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
4. Discard about half the bean liquid; stir in the beans and remaining liquid and the corn into the turkey mixture. Add the cooked pasta. Cook until heated through.
5. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.