My husband’s aunt gave me some really cool cookbooks for Christmas this past year. Two of them were by Ann Lund, the owner of Dining in Style Culinary Instruction in Overland Park, KS. They both have the best recipes. I’ve made quite a few of them already! That’s where this particular recipe came from. This was really delicious!
Pizza Pasta (Adapted from Dining in Style Returns)
- 16 oz. mostaccioli noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/4 lb Italian ground turkey sausage
- 2 (14 oz) jars pizza sauce
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 small cans mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 lb turkey pepperoni
- 12 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 c grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse noodles and toss with olive oil and Italian seasoning.
2. Brown meat in skillet and drain; set aside. Into same skillet, put onions, peppers, and garlic and saute until translucent. Add drained meat, pizza sauce, and spaghetti sauce; simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Mix cheddar, parmesan, and 12 oz shredded mozzarella cheeses together.
4. In a greased 9 x 13 inch pan pan, layer as follows: Place 1 c of meat sauce mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 X 13 pan. Layer 1/2 of the noodles, 1/3 of remaining meat sauce, 1/2 cheeses, 1/2 mushrooms, and 1/2 pepperoni. Repeat layers, ending with the final 1/3 of meat sauce mixture on top.
5. Cover with foil and bake 30 to 40 minutes or so until bubbly at 350 degrees. Remove foil and sprinkle the top with 1 1/2 cups grated mozzeralla cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or so until cheese melts.